Communion Bread Recipe
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 5 to 7 tablespoons of cold water
- Cut shortening into flour until pieces are the size of small peas. Sprinkle water over the flour-shortening mixture and mix. Divide dough into 14 balls and knead each one.
- On lightly floured surface, flatten ball and roll very thin (about 1/16 inch). Cut a six-inch circle out of dough. Place circle on cookie sheet and prick with a fork to keep bubbles from forming.
- Cook at 450° in oven until bread becomes crisp but before it browns.
This will serve approximately 250 people.